GSF PRIMARY RESOURCES
These are companion documents to the Great Southern Forest's Brief to the State and Federal Governments. They draw on forest history, research of ANU scientists and economists, and local forest knowledge. They have been written in various voices by the conservationists of the southeast region of New South Wales. It is their story, their campaign, and expresses their directive to bring a new dawn, and new order to native forest management based on jobs, wildlife and climate.
Please note there are pictures and writing in these documents about native species and their habitat which may cause distress.
All documents are noted as Drafts for updating purposes. Contributions very welcome.
- Acknowledgement of Country
- Executive Summary
- Maps of the Southern Forest Region (SFR)
- A Case for Change in the Southeast Forests of NSW
- FOREST MANAGEMENT
- FOREST MANAGEMENT FOR CARBON
- Carbon Credits to Protect Natural Forest Habitats for Jobs and Climate Action
- The Southeast Native Forests of NSW are a Natural Treasure Chest of Carbon
- CO2 Emissions in the Southern Region of NSW
- Influence of Global Strategies for Economic Opportunities of State Forests
- Job Opportunities
- Calculations of Actual Loss of CO2 and Soil from Logging Activities
- Climate Change: Native Forests Benefit Human Health
- Biomass Burning: a Perverse Way to Meet Renewable Energy Targets
- Forests: A Pattern Changer for Climate Action. Dr Rosemary Beaumont, Bega Valley Greens.
- FOREST MANAGEMENT FOR TOURISM
- Post-Logging Tourism Industry
- Tourism Benefits in Other Countries Post Native Forest Logging
- Benefits and Opportunities
- Opportunities for Expansion
- Challenging Issues